I never took the thought of doing a sport (more specifically swimming) here at De Anza seriously. I intentions were to focus on school and maybe work for a few places here and there. But I have so much spare time after class/doing homework/helping my dad at our home business that I end up just laying in my bed or playing with my dogs. So I contacted the head swim coach at De Anza in order to try out for the team. I got an email a week later saying she would love to have me on the team. As excited as I am, I don't know if it's possible for me to attend practices at the specific times due to my registration date (December 2nd). I don't really understand how some people have earlier registration dates than others. My friend. who is a freshman at De Anza, has is registration date tomorrow, (November 22nd). I'm kind of stressed out because I'm not saying I deserve to have a earlier registration date than others, but because of the fact that I have a later registration dates compared to my peers who aren't participating in sports. I know that I just contacted the coach and I'm pretty much demanding an earlier registration date, but the concept in general of having a peer have a earlier registration date compared to mines is just ridiculous. But besides that, I'm pretty excited/hyped to start my conditioning (which I am REALLY late on) this December. I plan to leave my mark here at De Anza in any way I can. In high school, having the opportunity to swim with Division 1 swimmers was amazing. And so, I'm inspired to work hard to be where they are at, (or at least transfer there if I don't get to swim for a D-1 school).
Nathan Adrian at UC Berkeley conditioning for the season
Ivan the Terrible - I will murder those who have put an incorrect registration date on students MyPortal account at De Anza!
Me - Relax... you don't need to kill anyone. I'm pretty sure everyone is going to get some classes that they need, just not the one they wanted.
Ivan the Terrible - Then I shall kill you!
Me - ... Please don't kill me.
I like your blog very much. You have written a great deal and you are using your avatar well.
ReplyDelete