Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thoughts on Class Plays

The class plays were very interesting. I liked how everyone was enthusiastic and really tried to "fit" into their roles. With a limited amount of tools we could use around the class, we still managed to create some of our own props (drawing on the board, using a cardboard box as an oven, etc). It just shows the amount of creativity/imagination our class has and it is great. In my opinion, I was able to get a better understanding of the plays when the environment is exciting, rather than just read a play off the script. Although working on a blog might not had been exciting as performing a play, I was still able to learn more about my subject/topic I am blogging about (in this case David Hwang and his play "Butterfly"). I don't really want to say I wish I had done a class play because it brings back memories of my high school drama class. It was an exciting class where students would create their own plays and act in front of the class and teacher for a grade. Good times.
Picture of my drama class (I was taking the picture)




No comments:

Post a Comment