Today in class we went over Martin Luther King's famous speech "I Have a Dream" as well as ethos, logos, and pathos. While reading, I thought about how life would be if Martin Luther King didn't exist or what would happen if racial segregation still existed. Would I even be alive? The world would be so different of course and I would think that most of the technology we have in this world wouldn't exist. Though racism still exists, there are many positive groups of people that try to end this crude nonsense. In regards to dating and having relationships with people in your own race, I think that is ridiculous. I don't find myself attracted to Asian women unless they can wow me. Well to be honest, that's any girl. But I really think my parents want me to date an Asian girl, only because they haven't really don't know how much our world is changing (keep in mind my parents are the typical Asian parents that only pay attention to things that affect them). It's kind of ironic how I labeled my parents as "typical Asian parents", but I mean it in a positive way. Many of my peers would date outside of their race because we can't restrict goal of finding our dream girl or dream boy to be in someone in our race/color.
Ivan the Terrible - Foolish peasant! You shall not be "dreaming" at all for you are living in a nightmare that is my reality. I dare you to dream again, for your head shall stuck on a stick that I will carry with me to bring fear to those who dare "dream". What nonsense!
MLK I Have a Dream Speech
A Old Video of Dating Outside Your Race
"Carlton" as we all know him as, with his wife

No comments:
Post a Comment