I've read a lot of interesting poems throughout elementary, middle, and high school. To be quite honest with myself, I never really understood what most of the poems were trying to say. I always thought that teachers made poem analyzation too complicated (what is the theme of this poem, why does this guy feel this way). Reading the poems in class, I actually found myself interested in these poems. Of course these weren't complicated and borings like they were in high school, but these poems were easy to understand. I'm not too sure why I found myself understanding these poems a lot easier. I've also always loved to watch poets speak their mind on Def Jam, or really any poets that put a lot of emotion into their poems.
Kanye West at Def Jam
A Poem about Weed
A Fun Poem (A simple poem)
I hope everybody will watch the Kanye West rap. His rhymes and his self-awareness and his allusions are all so sophisticated. And I liked the fedora poem, too. Thank you!
ReplyDelete