Monday, November 18, 2013

Late Reflection on Class Presentations

My thoughts on the class presentations that were given to the class last week were amusing. From the videos, power points, websites, and a general blog, they were all so detailed and great. I learned a lot from these presentations, and I plan to use what I have learned from the topics in the future (if necessary). Usually in class presentations, there would usually be one particular group that is too nervous or shy to speak in front of the class. However, there wasn't a group (at least that's what I thought) that showed any signs of nervousness. I use to be part of that group, and maybe I still am. But I like the fact that everyone was able to speak confidentially and presented their views, points, and opinions on their topic to the rest of the class. In regards to categorizing myself as belonging to the group of people who were too shy/nervous to present in front of the class, I would usually look online for tips on how to speak in front of class. It sounds really silly, but I was able to use these tips to overcome the fear of speaking in front of a class/people. One of the tips I read was more of a true realization/analysis. When you present to a large audience on a subject, think of it as if the audience has come to support you, eager to learn more about what you have to say. When I read this tip, I was surprised because a majority of people can explain things that are interesting/easy to them to a large audience easily. For example, you can probably tell a group of people how to drink water or draw a stick figured person because it is human nature/the task is very simple (we need water to survive).  So translating that to your presentation, the audience is there to learn from you and they have a desire to know more about what you want to talk about, even if the information you are giving is not accurate, mainly because they just want to know/understand what your topic is about.

Tips on How to Present a Presentation


No comments:

Post a Comment